West Sussex Unwrapped 2021
Read the blog, watch the film, follow the fun!
Begins 16th February 2021
Brought to you by Screen Archive South East (SASE) and West Sussex Record Office, series II of our collaborative eight-month project will delve deep into the county’s heritage, presenting a multi-media mix of old film footage, photographs, blogs and unique documents which together offer a different approach to experiencing archival material at home. Films will be showcased by SASE and monthly blogs published right here.
See what’s in store…
Watch the full teaser film here!
In West Sussex Unwrapped 2 you will see:
- A Royal visit to Crawley in 1958
- Women’s Suffrage in West Sussex
- A new, computer designed, school in Eastergate in 1970
- A glimpse of life at a real ‘Downton Abbey’ at Warnham Court, near Horsham
- Scouts, picnickers and ramblers enjoying the majesty of the South Downs
- Hurstpierpoint’s famous St Lawrence Fair, dating back to the 14th century
- Shoreham Harbour at work in the 1960s
- Plus, a visit to the cinema in Haywards Heath – 1920s style